Words Fitly Spoken...

"Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God."

Jim Eliot, Missionary to Ecuador

Monday, February 15, 2010

Humphrey Baptist visits the Sportsmen's Dinner...

February 5, 2010
Dexter Bartlett, Avin Burrell, and I took a journey up to Palmyra to attend the Sportsmen's Dinner put on by the Heritage Baptist Church at which I served as Assistant Pastor for the last five years. We had a wonderful evening. Pastor Young did a marvelous job moving the evening along with many speakers which included a representative from the NYDEC, Senator Mike Nazzolio, and Congressman Robert Oaks. As always, Charlie Alsheimer's presentation was spectacular with all the photos and description of Whitetail hunting.
I must admit, the highlight for me was seeing the dear Heritage people. My heart yearned for the people I served for the last five years. I was so proud of all the effort they put into the evening. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing so many of my good friends and especially the young people. They had a wonderful spirit that night!
If you are reading from Heritage, I love you and miss you so. I was very proud of what a wonderful job you did. God bless each one of you. Please be reminded, there's always a seat saved for you at Humphrey Baptist Church if you want to visit (Ha Ha)!
Charlie Alsheimer did a fantastic job in his presentation of the Whitetail deer and also the spiritual aspect was wonderfully interwoven.


There was a great crowd that night - Everyone served a delicious Venison Dinner in around twelve minutes!


If you are wondering what Dexter is focusing his attention on, look below!


What a meal! We were absolutely stuffed!



Pastor Young and all of the workers from Heritage deserve much praise for all the work and oragnization that went into that night. It was a well-oiled machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment