Words Fitly Spoken...

"Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God."

Jim Eliot, Missionary to Ecuador

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas...

We had just returned yesterday from an extended Thanksgiving break. It was wonderful to see our loved ones once again. I had the opportunity to speak at Southeast Bible Baptist Church in Penfield, NY on Sunday evening. Pastor Dresner wanted to be a blessing to us, so he invited us to come and gave us an offering to help us as we minister in Humphrey. Our folks at Humphrey Baptist Church were very excited for us as we were able to share what was going on in Humphrey! It was very sweet on Monday morning as I snuck into Heritage Baptist to see my old students in the classroom. I was hoping to see that everything was falling apart without me there (ha ha), but to my demise, everything is going on quite smoothly. Praise the Lord for peopole who step up and fill needs! Oh, how I miss seeing the young people of Heritage Baptist Church everyday! They'll never know how much I loved and do still love them! May God bless and protect them as they continue on in their Christian life.
December 1, 2009 -
Throughout the night we were kept up by the noise of loud, large vehicles going down our road - PLOWS! This morning when I woke up I went to the window to see the damage. What a beautiful sight as I saw the dusting of snow all over the ground. I was very excited to go out and shovel for the first time this new winter season. The house and the church looked so beautiful, especially with the Christmas wreaths and the lighted Christmas tree in our front bay window newly lighted.
I apologize for those of you who desire to keep up with Humphrey news. We just got the internet last week and intend to do much updating over the next few days. I realize that we have left you in the dark for a few weeks now. God has continued to bless over the last month. Our hearts continue to be knit to the good people here, and they have been a great blessing to us with many kind words.
We had a wonderful Harvest Dinner in November with 70 in attendance. We had a high day in November of 37 and we averaged almost 31 per week. The last Sunday in November after leaving over 2,500 doorhangers in surrounding towns, we had our first "First-Time" visitors come to be a part of our services! Praise the Lord!
We were pleased to have a couple of weeks ago some of our friends visit from out of town such as the Blankenbergs, Bro. Chris Miraglia, and the Patterson Family. It's always good to see familiar faces.

4 comments:

  1. Katelyn was SO disappointed to realize that she missed your visit on Monday. You should have seen her sad face. Poor girl has the worst timing for illnesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey how come u didn't come visit me at my class?

    ReplyDelete