Words Fitly Spoken...

"Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God."

Jim Eliot, Missionary to Ecuador

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"...joy in the presence of the angels of God..."

Sunday, September, 27, 2009
Our second Sunday was a day I will never forget. We were very pleased to have "my beloved father, in whom I am well pleased." Unfortunately my mother was not feeling well, or she would have been there too. To the delight of the people, he provided special music during the afternoon service. He sang, "This Day Will Never Return," while he played the banjo. It was beautifully done. I couldn't have done it better myself! The Lord blessed us with thirty-seven in attendance.
The moment I will forever hold dear to my heart was during the invitation. A young lady came forward to settle in her heart whether or not she was on her way to Heaven. She came forward with moistened eyes in humility and surrender. Katie spoke with her in my office for about twenty minutes while we closed the service. I asked her if she thought she was making assurance of her salvation or if she thought she got saved today, and she responded with the latter. Blessed be God that He would use us to draw a precious soul unto Himself on our second week as Pastor. I must recognize and give credit to the friendliness of the people of HBC. It was they who greeted her before I became Pastor. They received her with open arms and made her feel welcome. It is that kind of atmosphere that makes people come back to church with a receptive spirit. Praise the Lord for their hospitality!
Once again, the spirit of the services and the fellowship during the afternoon meal was marvelous. The people work so hard to provide a tremendous spread of delicious dinners and desserts! If anyone leaves hungry, it's their fault. There is always plenty left over, and the people can barely stand for the congregational song during the afternoon service!
"Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence
of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth."
Luke 15:10

1 comment: