Words Fitly Spoken...

"Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God."

Jim Eliot, Missionary to Ecuador

Monday, October 5, 2009

"...we were like them that dream..."


September 20, 2009
Psalm 126:1-6 A Song of degrees. When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. [2] Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them. [3] The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad. [4] Turn again our captivity, O Lord, as the streams in the south. [5] They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. [6] He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

The day had finally come - our much anticipated first service as Pastor of Humphrey Baptist Church. The presence of the Lord was evident throughout the day. I spoke on God's faithfulness in the morning service. The people had such a sweet spirit and were so gracious to us. They had a cake made in honor of our coming with the Scripture reference, Colossians 1:9-18. We had thirty-two in attendance, which included Katie's sisters and their children. We were so grateful for them being there to be part of such a special day in our lives! The people were tickled to meet them as well.

Katie did a wonderful job preparing the bulletin board in the front entrance of the church building! You only get one chance to make a first impression!

The day was truly a dream come to fruition. I thank and praise my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. He has truly blessed us with this wonderful opportunity to lead these dear people for His glory!

I also want to express my sincerest gratitude to my sweet wife! Without her, I would be incomplete. The position I now hold is one that I would forfeit were it not for her! With ALL MY HEART, thank you, my darling, one and only, Katie! I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment